[Dune-devel] https for lists.dune-project.org

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Apr 11 16:42:44 CEST 2018

Am Do, 29. Mär 2018, 18:21:08 +0200 schrieb Jö Fahlke:
> The web-interface of lists.dune-project.org is now available via https.
> Please test, and report any issues you find.

https is now enforced for lists.dune-project.org.  Again, please report any
problems you encounter.

Still preliminary, will become final unless I

- http-traffic is redirected to https.  This is currently a temporary
  redirect, but it will become permanent eventually.

- [HSTS](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_Strict_Transport_Security) is
  enabled with a timeout of 5 minutes.

Final:

- The admin interface now knows it is reachable via https and generates links
  accordingly

- The list archives have been converted.  All urls that refer back to
  lists.dune-project.org have been converted to https-links -- this includes
  links for former incarnations of the lists under (www.)dune-project.org or
  hal.iwr.uni-heidelberg.de.

  While at it, I also fixed links referring to the flyspray system to refer to
  gitlab's archive of it.

  In the message bodies I only adjusted the `href=` parts of links and left
  the visible urls untouched.  In the rest of the pages I converted both the
  visible links and the `href=` parts.

  The mbox archives and attachements have been excluded from this conversion.

- Dune's homepage has been converted to point to the https:// version.  While
  at it I also removed the obsolete dune-bugs and dune-commit mailinglists
  from the list overview page.

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

In the beginning the Universe was created.  This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
-- Douglas Adams