[Dune-devel] Required CMake version

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Thu Jan 4 15:36:36 CET 2018

Hi,

thanks a lot for the insight.

On Thu, Jan 04, 2018 at 11:54:50AM +0100, Dominic Kempf wrote:
> The dune enable all packages feature only works partially with cmake lesser
> than 3.1.
> In fact it currently errors out under some circumstances:
> https://gitlab.dune-project.org/core/dune-common/blob/master/cmake/modules/DuneEnableAllPackages.cmake#L275
> Although only Dune modules that build libraries and link executables
> against these are affected,
> we considered it cleaner to just raise the CMake bar.

Maybe I do not have the clear picture, but:

Isn't it activated only for new projects (created with duneproject) or on
explicit user/project demand only? In that case is dune-common really
the right place to raise the bar? I would rather assume that one would
do that in the particular module and most importantly in duneproject
itself (which is currently not the case). For the latter I posted a
merge request.

Markus

Pedettistr. 38, 85072 Eichstätt, Germany,  USt-Id: DE279960836
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858