[Dune-devel] Dune-Project Mailing lists

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Mon Aug 5 18:19:00 CEST 2019

Hi!

As some of you might know, I'm leaving academia and will begin working for a
large software company in Walldorf, just south of Heidelberg, on September
1st.  I'm the administrator of lists.dune-project.org, so something needs to
be done about that.

I do have permission from my new employer to continue administration of the
mailing list server in my free time, for now.  I would actually like to
continue doing that.  The plan would be to move the server from the WWU to the
Hetzner cloud[1], which offers locations inside germany.

If you dislike this plan, please speak up soonish.  Ideally (but not
necessarily) with an alternative plan.

Regards,
Jö.

[1] If you consider offering financial support to pay for the server: don't.
    It's like 2€/month and really not worth the administrative hassle.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Institute for Computational und Applied Mathematics,
University of Münster, Orleans-Ring 10, D-48149 Münster

A mathematician is a device to turn coffee into theorems.
-- Paul Erdős