[Dune-devel] Dune 2.7.1?

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Mon Aug 17 08:39:54 CEST 2020

On Sun, Aug 16, 2020 at 10:37:19AM +0200, Christoph GrĂ¼ninger wrote:
> Hi fellow Dune developers and users,
>
> I think it is about time to release Dune 2.7.1. I don't intend to make
> release candidates or extended testing. I'll just take the tip of the
> 2.7 branch and call it 2.7.1.

To that I object as there are MRs (e.g. the renames in the solver factory)
lying around that improve usability and should be merged before a release.
Otherwise this will stay forever.

Our releases have always been of good quality and that is because of release candidates.
Without them you will miss testing from non-core projects.

BTW I am willing to help, but it might be a slow process. OPM will have its next release
in October and having a decent DUNE release certainly is very useful.

Markus