[Dune-devel] Dune 2.7.1?

Ansgar Burchardt ansgar.burchardt at tu-dresden.de
Mon Aug 17 09:45:08 CEST 2020

On Sun, 2020-08-16 at 10:37 +0200, Christoph GrĂ¼ninger wrote:
> I think it is about time to release Dune 2.7.1. I don't intend to make
> release candidates or extended testing. I'll just take the tip of the
> 2.7 branch and call it 2.7.1.
>
> * It this ok for everybody?
> * Has someone a bug or patch for the 2.7 branch we should wait for?

I think that is fine and generally think we should make DUNE's release
process easier to manage.  If we discover bugs, we can always just
release 2.7.2.

> Things that were improved since 2.7.0:
> * Some installation issues where files were not installed.
> * UGGrid got a couple of bugfixes back-ported.
> * Solver factory had some fixes.
> * Lagrange element for (3d) pyramids were fixed.

I backported some C++20 fixes (to make DUNE at least build in C++20
mode, not use any features), but I didn't add a C++20 compiler to the
test system yet for the 2.7 branch.  Should we do that?

Ansgar