[Dune-devel] Online developer meeting?

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Wed Dec 2 01:38:37 CET 2020

Hi!

Following Andreas' suggestion..

> That said, since we have all now become experts in online meetings, we
> could consider putting that to good use and have a developer meeting (an
> afternoon perhapse) sometime soon?

.. I would like to find a date for such a meeting. We could have one
a) within the next two weeks
b) the days before Christmas, when the usual fixed dates are over
c) the first days after New Year before the regular schedule kicks in
d) second half of January.

What do you think? Or should we just start by a couple of dates spanning
all blocks?

We piled up a couple of topics, we should decide on, for example

* merging geometry and localfunctions or another solution (common#224)
* Optionally pass source / target ranks to communication DataHandles
(dune!870)
* Dropping broken pck-config support (common#188)
* required TBB version (common#204)
* future of duneproject (common!892)
* future direction of dunecontrol (common!892)
* Deprecate DUNE_DEPRECATE and _MSG (common!777)

And that's just out of my head. You have probably even more topics.

Als wär es nix, leb' ich von [IT] und mach' nur, was ich lieb'
Lebe wie im Paradies, womit hab' ich das verdient?
Die Wahrheit ist: Hab' ich nicht, ich bin nur reicher beschenkt
Als jemand in einem armen Land mit dem gleichen Talent
[frei nach Tua von Die Orsons - Oioioiropa]