[Dune-devel] Vote: Required CMake version 3.1 or 3.13?

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Tue Sep 29 21:17:28 CEST 2020

Dear fellow Dune core developers,

in May I merged dune-common#200 [1] which bumped the required CMake
version for Dune core modules to 3.13. Roberts want to lower this to
CMake 3.10.
His rationale is, that Ubuntu 18.04 LTS only ships CMake 3.10.

As discussed in [1], I (and some others) want 3.12 for better Python
detection support and 3.13 for an improved library handling, which will
help us to modernize the build system (which we already started).

To get more arguments and much more opinions, please have a look at [1].

>From the discussion I assume that the following people are in favor of 3.10:
Robert

In favor of 3.13 seem to be:
Jö
Markus
Simon
Christoph

>From the following developers I don't have a clear opinion without
interpreting too much:
Peter
Ansgar
Andreas
Christian
Carsten
Dominic
Mario
Oliver

Please cast your vote by commenting to [1] or answering this email. If I
got your opinion wrong or you changed your mind, please vote. You have
two weeks (unit Okt. 13).

Thank you!
Christoph

[1] https://gitlab.dune-project.org/core/dune-common/-/issues/200