[Dune-devel] First candidate for upcoming release 2.8.0 available for testing

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Fri Aug 27 13:14:21 CEST 2021

Hi Markus,

> You guys ship your own FindTBB.cmake and that does not define any imported target.
> The problem is that the imported targets defined by the module in dune-common
> are used on the linker lines that the core modules export.

Yes, this changed with the 2.8 cmake cleanup.

> Either use the upstream FindTBB.cmake (by removing your own) or define the same
> imported targets in your version of FindTBB.cmake.

omg. you are absolutely right. Apparently this FindTBB is an artifact.
When we started using TBB the test was not yet in dune-common, but
only in the EXA-DUNE branches. I'll have to check, since when this
test is available, but I guess we can simply drop the file.

Is there any chance to prioritize dune-common over duneuro.

> BTW you might want/need to change the minimum required CMake version. It is still
> 2.8.6.

I'm wondering how do we do all this in a backwards compatible
fashion. We would like to support 2.6 - 2.8, which works relatively
fine regarding C++, but I have the feeling that cmake will become more
and more an issue.

Ciao