[Dune-devel] Online developer/user meeting 2022

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Tue Dec 28 23:26:32 CET 2021

Hi Simon,

thank you for bringing this up! I offer my help organizing a dev
meeting. I have created an initial MR for our website, see
dune-website!403. I think it is a good idea to have the meeting in
February or March.
I don't think it is the right time for a user meeting.

Some topics out of my head, which I added the page of !403:

- Drop Support for Debian 10 and Ubuntu 18.04 and reduce the number of
setups (probably migrate some to newer distro versions) in our testing
pipeline

- How to proceed with the deprecated dune-grid-howto? We should move it
out of core and create some "attic" or "graveyard" project in GitLab.

- Remove git tags and tarballs for release candidates. They clutter the
folder / tag output for no benefit. We could keep the RCs for the last
stable release.

- Future of Alberta bindings and Alberta.