[Dune-devel] Python/Build system meeting: Input wanted

Dominic Kempf dominic.r.kempf at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:15:25 CET 2021

Dear developers,

we had a small meeting today that emerged from recent discussions on Gitlab
issues + MRs to get an overview of the Python landscape in Dune.
Participants were Andreas, Robert, Simon, Carsten, Samuel and myself. I
think we made some progress, but we want to build on everybody's feedback
to continue.

We would like to collect a list of use cases formulated as fictional or
non-fictional user profiles. Just add yours to the list:
https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/2/pad/edit/Cdg8eTGASWgdQetoM06emmp7/
This list will serve as the basis of discussion to converge to a technical
solution that accommodates the needs of as many users as possible and
allows a consensus to enable the Python bindings feature by default in the
future.

Best,
Dominic