[Dune-devel] Alberta: State of the union?

Oliver Sander oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de
Wed Feb 10 11:15:27 CET 2021

Hi Christoph,

I have used AlbertaGrid on only a few occasions, but I am nevertheless
happy that it exists.  Being able to use a selection of major grid implementations
in a unified way has always been a unique and important selling point
of Dune, and I'd hate to lose that. Bisection refinement is still of
central importance for people who care about convergent methods.
I suppose that ALUGrid can do a lot of bisection refinement, too, nowadays,
but still.

Total disregard on the part of the previous AlbertaGrid maintainers is,
of course, a problem.  Does Claus not answer you requests at all anymore?
For UG3 we solved that problem by forking, but of course that creates
its own set of problems.

As for the out-dated Debian package, I suppose I could find somebody
in Dresden willing and able to update it.