[Dune-devel] [CI] Failed to pull Docker images

Simon Praetorius simon.praetorius at tu-dresden.de
Sat Mar 20 17:30:53 CET 2021

There is one minor remark here: The current docker-ci pipeline cannot
rebuild old dune-2.4 images. Those are currently lost. Maybe they exist
on the mirror on docker-hub? The reason why they can't be rebuild is a
change in the build procedure for the docker images using buildah.
dune-2.4 is based on ubuntu-16.04 that (for some reason) does not work
with the way we build our images. Since there are rarely any changes,
they were just left untouched. Maybe these images, i.e. dune-2.4 core
and fufem-2.4, can be copied from the mirror or from a local docker
images repository into the dune-project registry. Alternatively, we just
drop these and leave them on the docker-hub mirror only.

Best regards,
Simon

Am 20.03.21 um 12:44 schrieb rene.hk-edv at gmx.de:
> Hi Christoph,
>
> this is related to the server problems we had last week. In the email I
> wrote back then I mentioned that we had to deactivate the container
> registry for now. This is the reason you can't pull any images.
>
> At the time of writing this emails we are done with cleaning up our
> server and the container registry should be working again. I did not try
> to restore the old registry (as it is huge) and instead started a
> pipeline in
>
> https://gitlab.dune-project.org/docker/ci
>
> to create the CI images. If everything works I will write another email
> over the mailing list. I hope this helps in clarifying where the problem
> comes from.
>
> Sorry for the inconvenience,
> best regards,
> René
>

> Christoph Grüninger <foss at grueninger.de> writes:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> lately all my build pipelines fail due to failing docker image pulls, e.g.:
>>
>>> Using Docker executor with image registry.dune-project.org/docker/ci/debian:10 ...
>>> Authenticating with credentials from job payload (GitLab Registry)
>>> Pulling docker image registry.dune-project.org/docker/ci/debian:10 ...
>>> WARNING: Failed to pull image with policy "always": Error response from daemon: manifest for registry.dune-project.org/docker/ci/debian:10 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown (manager.go:205:0s)
>>> ERROR: Job failed (system failure): failed to pull image "registry.dune-project.org/docker/ci/debian:10" with specified policies [always]: Error response from daemon: manifest for registry.dune-project.org/docker/ci/debian:10 not found: manifest unknown: manifest unknown (manager.go:205:0s)
>> Could anyone with knowledge of our CI might have a look?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>> Christoph
>>
>> --
>> Als wär es nix, leb' ich von [IT] und mach' nur, was ich lieb'
>> Lebe wie im Paradies, womit hab' ich das verdient?
>> Die Wahrheit ist: Hab' ich nicht, ich bin nur reicher beschenkt
>> Als jemand in einem armen Land mit dem gleichen Talent
>> [frei nach Tua von Die Orsons - Oioioiropa]

Dr. Simon Praetorius
Technische Universität Dresden
Institute of Scientific Computing
phone: +49 351 463-34432