[Dune-devel] Python/Build system meeting: Input wanted

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Wed May 26 23:27:56 CEST 2021

Hi Andreas,
thank you for investing so much time to improve this topic! This applies
to Dominic, Samuel, Robert, and however I forgot, too.

I'd like to have a) and stick to a disabled Python for Dune 2.8. Right
after Dune 2.8, merge 960 and enable the Python bindings by default.
This should give us enough time to iron out any rough edges.

My rationale: I don't want to delay Dune 2.8 any longer. And we should
give it a proper testing by a broad number of users.
Currently with the code from Git master thy Python tests are failing
when I enable Python. This should not be the case, and is fix with 960,
if I remember correctly.

Als wär es nix, leb' ich von [IT] und mach' nur, was ich lieb'
Lebe wie im Paradies, womit hab' ich das verdient?
Die Wahrheit ist: Hab' ich nicht, ich bin nur reicher beschenkt
Als jemand in einem armen Land mit dem gleichen Talent
[frei nach Tua von Die Orsons - Oioioiropa]