[Dune-devel] Applying to GSoC 2022? They made some changes

Christoph Grüninger foss at grueninger.de
Sat Nov 20 21:07:23 CET 2021

Dear Dune community,

two times we took part in the Google Summer of Code. It brought us some
workforce, visibility, joy, and Python code.

Google announced to repeat the program for the 18th time. And they will
have some adjustments:
- Not only students can apply, but everybody that is 18 years or older
and who wants to contribute to an open source project.
- There are multiple sites of projects (~175h and ~350 h).
- Timing is more flexible

This might help us to widen the pool to people already knowing Dune, but
who would not fit to GSoC in the past:
- PhD students, that are formally no student.
- People on parental leave.
- Researchers that ran out of contract like PhDs, Postdocs

What do you think? Would these changes motivate you to mentor a project?

If we find enough Dune people willing to mentor, I can serve as
organization admin and co-mentor.

Als wär es nix, leb' ich von [IT] und mach' nur, was ich lieb'
Lebe wie im Paradies, womit hab' ich das verdient?
Die Wahrheit ist: Hab' ich nicht, ich bin nur reicher beschenkt
Als jemand in einem armen Land mit dem gleichen Talent
[frei nach Tua von Die Orsons - Oioioiropa]