[Dune-devel] WG: Re: Nightly tests still using Ubuntu 18.04

Dedner, Andreas A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Fri Nov 25 10:01:31 CET 2022

Alternative: we find a way to manually run downstream pipelines, maybe
not only in dune-common but also in other core modules. Maybe we can run
these jobs automatically if a branch is merged into the master branch.
This is the important situation to test everything, we might not want to
test all downstream modules for each uploaded commit. This needs some
improvement of the gitlab-ci file.

Hi.
I would say that we shouldn't run the whole test suite for every commit - ruinning the CI
for every single commit is questionable anyway from a energy perspective especially for 'Draft' MRs.
Not allowing merges into master if downstream module testing fails might be worth exploring.
It can of course slow down development if a downstream module is failing for some unrelated reason though.
Best
Andreas