[Dune-devel] DUNE Mail Server

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Fri Feb 2 22:20:43 CET 2024

HI,

I run two mailservers for at least two domains. Probably a third (incoming-only) for our mailinglist?

IMAP with Subaddressing seems to be supported by postfix, which is on one those. This is only about one account that gitlab queries, right?

Outgoing SMTP is not a problem for another domain.

Somebody should check whether dr-blatt.de and opm-op.com work nicely. Sometimes the big shots do behave strange towards small mailservers.

So in the long run this should not be problem, but it always good if there is ample time for a transition.

On the other hand: Never change a running system. So if we can stay on gandi this seems to be a very nice option. Sponsoring that should
also not be a problem. The price seems very reasonable.

Best,

Markus

Am Mon, Jan 22, 2024 at 05:10:52PM +0000 schrieb Ospina De Los Rios, Santiago:
>Dear DUNE Developers,
>

>some months ago we moved our mail service for dune-project.org from our machine in Heidelberg to Gandi.net. This was because at that time Gandi.net was offering a mail server for free when we pay for our domain. Unfortunately, Gandi.net decided to start charging 4€/month for the mail server and now we are in the unlucky position to either move it again or to start paying for an additional service in Gandi.net that we were not counting with. I want to underline that this is relatively urgent as we have less than one month before our current mail server stops working. Thus, this email is to search alternatives within the community.
>

>What we need is one mailbox that allows:
>

>- For incoming mail: IMAP, sub-addressing (e.g., gitlab+randomtext at example.com<mailto:gitlab+randomtext at example.com>), see https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/administration/incoming_email.html
>- For outgoing mail: SMTP, should support DKIM. We can configure a key in the dune-project.org zone.
>
>If you or someone in the community can assist with hosting and maintaining a mail server for dune-project.org or contribute towards covering the new fee at Gandi.net, it would be immensely valuable!
>
>Thank you for your attention and assistance.
>Ansgar & Santiago

Pedettistr. 38, 85072 Eichstätt, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858