[Dune-devel] Google Summer of Code 2024: Start application phase

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Tue Jan 16 22:40:04 CET 2024

Am Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 07:14:04AM +0100 schrieb Christoph Grüninger:
>Dear Dune developers,
>
>GSoC's application phases will end in four weeks. We have time until
>February 6th to hand in a potential application.
>The biggest change seems to be: "Starting in 2024 we will have small
>(~90 hour projects), medium (~175 hr projects) and large (~350 hour)
>projects available to GSoC contributors. 90 hours projects are
>optional."
>
>If we find two persons willing to serve as main mentors and at least
>three ideas, I would start an application for Dune. What do you think?

Thanks a lot for the initiative.
D we have (or will be able to compile) a list of suitable projects for 1
or 3 students? I heared somewhere that organizations were not chosen if the
list was not suitable or to short.

 From my side (including employees) it might be hard to find time. Time is
really what you need for this IMHO. Maybe that changes next year.

Best,

Markus
>Kind regards,
>Christoph
>

>Am 19.12.23 um 22:41 schrieb Christoph Grüninger:
>>Dear Dune developers,
>>as promised at our last Dune developer meeting, I coordinate Dune's
>>GSoC 2024 activities.
>>GSoC 2024 was officially announced by Google in November. We can
>>apply between January 22 and February 06. The coding will happen for
>>accepted participants with accepted organizations from May to
>>November.
>>Complete timeline: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/programs/2024
>>
>>Let us get some ideas together and decide in January, if it is
>>enough to apply for a slot.
>>
>>Happy coding,
>>Christoph
>>

>--
>L'enjeu est de bâtir la France de nos enfants,
>pas de ressasser la France de notre enfance.
>                       [Emmanuel Macron, 2022]

Pedettistr. 38, 85072 Eichstätt, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858