[dune-fem] Extraction and modification of DoF for Dune::AdaptiveDiscreteFunction

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Tue May 29 16:04:37 CEST 2012

Hi again,

I think I can answer myself to (some of) my questions. Could you check for the sake of completeness?

1) the counter of dofs is not 3 since it represents the whole set of degrees of freedom (on all the triangles), and not the local set, where the dimension of a P1 scalar space would be 3.

2) if the space to which the function belongs was declared as a Lagrange space, I can simply put 1 to all the dofs, so I get a constant sum (probably 1, I suppose), right?

3) now I have understood how to extract the dofs, but I still don't know if there is a direct method for performing the outer product. Has it already been defined?

Many thanks for your help!

Andrea

Andrea Sacconi
PhD student, Applied Mathematics
AMMP Section, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk