[dune-fem] VTK format for a DG, 0-degree discrete function

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 18:14:29 CET 2012

Hi everyone,

just a very brief question.

Suppose you want to plot a certain property that is element-dependent, for example if an element is to be labelled as liquid or solid for two-phase problem.
Just to see if I have implemented my algorithm correctly, I created a DG function, of degree 0, and assigned value 1 to all and only all the local dofs corresponding to the liquid  elements.
In this way, when I open Paraview, I should see a clear distinction red/blue between the two clusters of elements.

I have used vtk-cell as option for the class Parameter, but the final plot is more shaded. I also noticed there is a remark about "projected in the DG case".
Am I missing something? How can I manage to have the clear distinction between solid and liquid?

Thanks again for your kindness and help!

Andrea

Andrea Sacconi
PhD student, Applied Mathematics
AMMP Section, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk