[dune-fem] Hessian not implemented for DG shape function set

Tobias Malkmus tomalk at mathematik.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Aug 15 14:52:55 CEST 2013

Hi Parvin

Sorry that you had to wait for a reply.

We had a major change in the acctual repository version ( trunk ).

Among many other changes we introduced the shapefunctionset,
which holds a set of base functions for the reference element.
Further we changed the baseFunctionSet into the basisFunctionSet.

If a space can provide a shapefunction set, a default wrapper class
around this shapefunction set generates the basisFunctionSet.

So all work is done in the implementation of the shapefunctionSet.

To your Error:
For an orthonormal shapefunction set, the hessian method is not
implmeneted, yet.

As far as i know, it was only implemented for d=2 and simplicial
elements. For Legendre and Lagrange shapefunctions a hessian method
should be implemented.

As a fast fix i can try to implement the case of triangls in 2d.

A general version for arbitrary dimensions and geometrical shapes  would
need some more time and man power ( eg. you =) ).

Best Tobias