[dune-fem] Preconditioning for BiCGSTAB and GMRES

Robert Kloefkorn robertk at ucar.edu
Tue Jan 22 18:49:03 CET 2013

On 01/22/2013 08:31 AM, Sacconi, Andrea wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a quick question about the preconditioning.
>
> So far I have written a linear operator for a system I need to solve.
> Suppose I want to use a BiCGSTAB or a GMRES to solve the system; one
> option is to create an instance of Dune::Fem::OEMBICGSTABOp.
> Since I want to pass to the solver my own preconditioner (derived from
> one paper in literature), how can I provide it correctly?

Hi Andrea,

please also have a look at the ISTL solver interface in dune-fem.
I would recommend to use those. An example for a preconditioner you
could find in the ISTL package or in dune/fem/solver/preconditioner.hh
(or similar). The OEM solvers I cannot recommend. These methods are more
for internal testing.

Best,

Robert

--

Dr. Robert Kloefkorn           <robertk at ucar dot edu>

Institute for Mathematics Applied to Geosciences (IMAGe)
National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR)

1850 Table Mesa Drive, Boulder CO 80305, USA.

Phone: +1 303 497 2481