[dune-fem] Preconditioning for BiCGSTAB and GMRES

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Jan 22 16:31:11 CET 2013

Hi all,

I have a quick question about the preconditioning.

So far I have written a linear operator for a system I need to solve.
Suppose I want to use a BiCGSTAB or a GMRES to solve the system; one option is to create an instance of Dune::Fem::OEMBICGSTABOp.
Since I want to pass to the solver my own preconditioner (derived from one paper in literature), how can I provide it correctly?
In addition, since it's a block preconditioner, I suspect I'll have to provide a solve () method, i.e. how to "invert" it numerically.

How can I do all these things in Dune-Fem?
Is there any special restriction with the type of grid functions (Adaptive vs. BlockVector type)?

Thanks in advance!

Andrea

Andrea Sacconi
PhD student, Applied Mathematics
AMMP Section, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk