[dune-fem] Petsc test fails in parallel case

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jul 30 19:50:40 CEST 2014

Hi all,

I would like to ask you another question about Petsc and its usage in dune-fem.
Recently, I installed the latest release of this library (3.5.0), and thanks to a patch from Tobias Malkmus, it now compiles correctly with dune-fem-1.4.0.

I ran the demo test contained in dune/fem/petsc/tests/l2projection, and I am sorry to say that it failed in the parallel case.
You can find attached the output of the parallel run with 4 processors.

Some additional info:

gcc version 4.8.2
OpenMPI 1.6.5
Parmetis: 4.0.3
Petsc 3.5.0

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, since I ran the demo tests in Petsc and they all passed without errors.
If you need any further information, just let me know.

Cheers,
Andrea

Andrea Sacconi
PhD student, Applied Mathematics
AMMP Section, Department of Mathematics, Imperial College London,
London SW7 2AZ, UK
a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk