[dune-fem] Segmentation fault when creating a new space for several times

Agnese, Marco m.agnese13 at imperial.ac.uk
Thu Jun 18 16:00:05 CEST 2015

Hi Andreas,

you said that the problem is present only for the tuple space and not for an ordinary space.
I looked at the code of the tuple space and I think the problem arises here

  ~GenericCombinedDiscreteFunctionSpace ()
      {
        DofManagerType::instance( gridPart().grid() ).removeIndexSet( *blockMapper_ );
        Traits::deleteBlockMapper( blockMapper_ );
        Traits::deleteSpaces( spaceTuple_ );
      }

since gridPart() will return garbage. Am I right?

Why the same thing doesn't happen with an ordinary space? The destructor shouldn't do something similar?
(Maybe I am telling something very stupid but I have no idea of the mechanism and I don't know why you need to remove the index set:))

Cheers,
Marco.