[dune-fem] Issue Combining Deformations and Adaptivity

David O'Connor dgmoc1 at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 4 16:03:50 CEST 2015

To whom it may concern,

I have recently been working on a project for solving phase field equations
on evolving domains and due to the nature of the solutions attempted to add
in adaptivity to increase efficiency. I have been attempting this following
the Dune-Fem-Howto module.

Whilst attempting this I came across an issue where the solution is defined
on a geogridpart however the adaptivity marker required access to the
HostGrid entities. Under the guidance of Andreas Dedner we created a work
around using the hostEntity() function. Unfortunately this limits the
generality of my code as a deformation is now required.

I am interested if you are aware of this issue and if you have any insight
on a possible solution that might maintain the generality of my code.

Regards
David O'Connor