[dune-fem] Help with FilteredGridPart

Agnese, Marco m.agnese13 at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Mar 3 16:37:40 CET 2017

Hi,

I have some problem using (or maybe misusing :) ) a FilteredGridPart so I need your help.

I have a HostGridPart and a FilterdGridPart which uses a DomainFilter to select only a portion of the HostGridPart. Moreover useFilteredIndexSet=true therefore the FilteredGridPart has its own IndexSet.

Now I have a P1 continuous Lagrange space for each grid part, let's call it HostSpace and FilteredSpace.

I want to assemble a LinearOperator which has as domain the filteredSpace and as range the hostSpace.

When I try to fill the stencil I do something like this:

Stencil< FilteredSpace, HostSpace > stencil( filteredSpace, hostSpace );
for( const auto& entity : filteredSpace )
  stencil.fill( entity, filteredSpace.gridPart().convert( entity ) );

but I obtain the following runtime error

/usr/local_machine/dune-trunk/dune-fem/dune/fem/gridpart/codimindexset.hh:422: bool Dune::Fem::CodimIndexSet<GridImp>::checkValidIndex(const IndexType&) const [with GridImp = Dune::GeometryGrid<Dune::AlbertaGrid<2, 2>, Dune::Fem::VertexFunction<Dune::AlbertaGrid<2, 2> >, std::allocator<void> >; Dune::Fem::CodimIndexSet<GridImp>::IndexType = int]: Assertion `idx != invalidIndex()' failed.

I assume that there is some issue with the IndexSet. What am I doing wrong?

Thank you very much,
Cheers,
Marco