[dune-fem] using dune-fem-howto

Dedner, Andreas A.S.Dedner at warwick.ac.uk
Thu Sep 13 09:07:53 CEST 2018

Hi Stefan.

You need to specify which 'flavour' of alugrid you want to use, i.e., which element type (cube or simplex) and (for simplex grids) which refinement type (conforming or non conforming). Using the define in the way you have it the options are

ALUGRID_CONFORM (simplex with conforming refinment using bisectio)
ALUGRID_SIMPLEX (simplex with non conforming refinement using quartering)
ALUGRID_CUBE (cube element with non conforming refinement using quartering)

I hope that solves your problem.

Andreas

PS: please always attach the actual error message you are getting since that significantly helps figuring out what the problem could be

PPS: we are in the process of releasing 2.6 versions of dune-fem and dune-fem-howto. There is a releases/2.6 branch of dune-fem and I think (I can't check at the moment0 also a branch for dune-fem-howto. If not then that's on its way.