[dune-functions] [Dune-functions-commit] [branch] dune-functions - 'master' updated

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Mon Apr 6 23:29:34 CEST 2015

Hi Carsten,

it is good that you and Oli are now experimenting with composite
spaces, but I would not yet add such methods as interface methods.

Until very recently the common opinion was that we currently only want
define an interface for the user and that composite bases, if someone
uses such, require some special internal interfaces, i.e. the bases in
use must fit together.

In PDELab we use central storage for the offsets and don't store them
in the leafs. The reason is that we want to reduce the number of
allocations. In your example the offset, which is passed down, can
vary in size and thus a simple size_type will not be sufficient; or I
didn't get how the interface is intended.

Nevertheless :-) Keep it as it is for the time beeing, but I wouldn't
like to have it as an interface method.

Ciao
Christian