[dune-functions] Documentation

Oliver Sander oliver.sander at tu-dresden.de
Mon Sep 21 13:32:11 CEST 2015

> Before adding detailed documentation for this and before
> starting to advertise this I'd like to know if these
> additions/changes are OK for you.
I think that in any case we still need a general disclaimer stating something like
"this is a technology preview -- no API is fixed yet -- may eat your cat -- follow the mailinglist"

>> Finally, I have also started to write prose explaining how the stokes-taylorhood.cc example
>> works. I wrote that for the book, and it actually describes a separate implementation
>> which uses MultiTypeBlockMatrices for the linear algebra.  If I find the time I may
>> factor out that text into a separate document and upload it to dune-functions itself.
> It would be very nice, if you could add this example to
> dune-functions. I'd really like to have A and B working
> for this and I have the impression that it mostly is,
> once you add support for multi-type containers to the
> HierarchicVectorWrapper or provide an alternative wrapper.
> But in some places I'm not sure.
This is where I am currently stuck.  I'd like to handle the VTK output in the way it is done in stokes-taylorhood.cc.
But there, the expression

  Functions::hierarchicVector(x)

shows up, and in my case x is a MultiTypeBlockVector.  To be honest I didn't try it yet, but I suppose
I need to generalize hierarchicVector to also function with a MTBVector?