[dune-pdelab] Three small requests

Peter Bastian peter.bastian at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Sep 1 14:24:14 CEST 2010

Am 30.08.2010 um 12:21 schrieb Christoph Grüninger:

> Dear PDELab folks,
> while doing my first steps with the instationary solver from PDELab I found some minor points which could be improved.
>
> - There is no possibility to show the assembled stability matrix. For example in dnaplfv.cc no matrix occurs at all. I suggest to introduce higher verbosity levels in the Newton solver or the OneStepMethod class which will then output the matrix, the right hand side vector and the solution vector.
I think it is not necessary. The method jacobian() can be used to assemble a jacobian for
debugging purposes.

> - Section 5.1 of  the PDELab how-to states the availability of Runge-Kutta- and DIRK-methods which I can not find in the class documentation. Is it me, the class documentation or are they actually missing?
I used them already, so they are there ! Probably the docu is missing.

> - The Alexander method should mention the article [Ale77] from PDELab how-to in the class documentation or is it that obvious?

Should be mentioned. You are right.

-- Peter

Peter Bastian
Interdisziplinäres Zentrum für Wissenschaftliches Rechnen
Universität Heidelberg
Im Neuenheimer Feld 368
D-69120 Heidelberg
Tel: 0049 (0) 6221 548261