[dune-pdelab] P2 in parallel - small correction

Markus Blatt markus at dr-blatt.de
Fri Dec 16 11:46:27 CET 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 11:34:36AM +0100, Volker Schauer wrote:
> It would be helpful if someone says that he has already used the
> communication from PDELab to set up the Poisson or any other PDE
> successfully with P2 elements (I suppose this was tested in PDELab when
> the parallel use was implemented?). Would it help you or anybody else if
> I extract the Poisson problem (which is embedded in a larger code doing
> some more stuff) and send it to the mailing list ?

Yes, that would help in two ways: giving us an easy test case and
checking whether there is a mistake in the usage of PDELab.

You were saying that your residual is not not zero. Would do you mean
by zero? Our solvers only achieve a relative residual reduction, so
this might happen if your intial residual is large.

Have you looked at the residual? If so, where does is deviate from the
expected values?

Cheers,

Markus

--
Do you need more support with DUNE or HPC in general?

Rappoltsweilerstr. 5, 68229 Mannheim, Germany
Tel.: +49 (0) 160 97590858  Fax: +49 (0)322 1108991658