[dune-pdelab] P2 in parallel - small correction

Volker Schauer schauer at mechbau.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Dec 16 12:33:15 CET 2011

Hi Markus

The norm of the residual (calculated with novlpSP.dot) which on a single
process goes to values less then 10^-10 gives me now a value at the size
of >= 36000 and changing the tolerance of the solver basically does not
effect this.

I did not look at the residual in a greater detail, so maybe I should
check if it is large e.g. only on boundary nodes ? But how would I check
that, since I do not really know/understand the assignment of indices in
gridvectors like the residual to the entities of the grid with that
strange offset in Dune and so I do not know which of my indices belongs
to a boundary node. (If somebody could give here a "short" explanation,
I think this would be valueable by its own, also for other users).
So I could iterate over the entities of e.g. codim 3 and find that one's
partition type is border, but now how do I find which index in the
grid-vector is assigned to that entity ?

So I will try to extract the Poisson problem and send it to the mailing
list.

Thanks for your help (all pdelab members) - I really appreciate that

Volker