[dune-pdelab] Variadic Templates

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Fri Jun 10 19:59:23 CEST 2011

Dear all,

I experienced some problems when trying to compile my pdelba code with
a g++-4.2.

The problem are the DUNE_TYPETREE_COMPOSITENODE macros. Macros like
 * DUNE_TYPETREE_COMPOSITENODE_CHILDTYPES_NESTED_TYPE
 * DUNE_TYPETREE_COMPOSITENODE_CHILDTYPES_NESTED_STATIC_MEMBER
 * DUNE_TYPETREE_COMPOSITENODE_CHILDVARIABLES_MEMBER
try to access members or typedefs of childnodes. This fails for all
childs of type EmptyNode. I couldn't come up with a quick solution.

Does anyone of you have a good idea?

Currently ComposityNodes are not fully usable with non-variadic
compilers.

You can reproduce the problem with g++-4.2 and running "make check" in
dune-pdelab.