[dune-pdelab] [Dune] [vtk] beginPointData() in vtuwriter.hh

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Tue Mar 29 14:30:10 CEST 2011

[ Moving the discussion to the PDELab list since it is PDELab-specific now ]

Am Tue, 29. Mar 2011, 13:50:56 +0200 schrieb Oleh Krehel:
> The problem with SelectComponentAdapter was that it inherits
> from just FunctionIterface.

Hmm, in that case SelectComponentAdapter was probably not meant for
GridFunctions anyway.  But it is of course a good thing to have it for
GridFunctions as well.

> I wrote a version that inherits from GridFunctionInterface that solves the
> problem.
> I attached the file. It would be nice if you gave me a link or a tutorial of
> how you
> generate and apply patches.

Use "diff -u path/to/file.old path/to/file", preferably from the top directory
of the dune-module, or even one directory further up still.  If you checked
out from SVN it is even simpler, just say "svn diff file".  Use "man diff" and
"svn help diff" to get the help for those commands.

> I also tried to solve the problem with
> SelectComponentAdapter+FunctionToGridFunctionAdapter, but it didn't work.

Unless there is some other reason you need the "SelectComponentAdaptor", you
probably don't want to invest too much time into it.  Your original approach
basically works, you just have to ignore the error from ParaView.

--
In the beginning the Universe was created.  This has made a lot of
people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.