[dune-pdelab] periodic boundary conditions

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Wed Nov 2 16:54:52 CET 2011

On Wed, Nov 02, 2011 at 02:16:41PM +0100, Oleh Krehel wrote:
> Thanks, Christian.
> It works now. But what exactly is the overlap?
> (Documentation says something like "overlap is overlap")

well, it is one of the basic concepts of the parallel dune interface,
thus it is not elaborated in the doxygen documentation. You should
have a look at the dune paper. It is the overlap, like you know it in
an overlapping domain decomposition approach. In our case, you should
think of periodicity as some kind of reference cell with overlap to
its neighbors, which coincide with the cell itself.

Christian