[dune-pdelab] Two problems with installation of pdelab-howto

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Nov 11 19:04:45 CET 2011

> Hi Andrea,

> I'm using Dune (the trunk of both the core modules and PDELab) on OS X
> 10.6. In principle, it should also work on 10.5, but you might run into some
> incompatibilities with regard to the toolchain (in particular, I would advise
> you to switch to either the Apple-supplied GCC 4.2 or use MacPorts to install
> a more recent compiler. The last one is probably a lot more robust anyway,
> especially when you aren't using pregenerated packages, since that gets you
> much more recent versions of the autotools (automake, autoconf etc.) used
> during the build process. I also remember some problem with libtool - I had
> to install that from MacPorts, which calls the binaries glibtool and glibtoolize,
> which required a small change in dune-common for me somewhere. I can look
> it up, but I don't have much time this week, because I am at a conference.

> In summary: Try running it on top of MacPorts!

> Steffen

Hi,

I've just updated my Mac to 10.6.8 version, and gcc version 4.2.1 (Apple Inc. build 5666) (dot 3).
I've downloaded trunk versions for both pdelab and pdelab-howto. The former is built without problems, instead for the latter this message appears on my screen:

example01a_Q2.hh:33:   instantiated from ‘void example01a_Q2(const GV&) [with GV = Dune::GridView<Dune::DefaultLeafGridViewTraits<const Dune::YaspGrid<2>, All_Partition> >]’
example01_main.hh:36:   instantiated from here
/Users/andreasacconi/Università/PhD_ICL/Dune_download/dune-pdelab/dune/pdelab/gridfunctionspace/localfunctionspace.hh:683: error: ‘class Dune::PDELab::LeafLocalFunctionSpaceNode<Dune::PDELab::GridFunctionSpace<Dune::GridView<Dune::DefaultLeafGridViewTraits<const Dune::YaspGrid<2>, All_Partition> >, Dune::PDELab::Q22DLocalFiniteElementMap<double, double>, Dune::PDELab::NoConstraints, Dune::PDELab::ISTLVectorBackend<1>, Dune::PDELab::GridFunctionGeneralMapper>, Dune::PDELab::MultiIndex<long unsigned int, 1u> >’ has no member named ‘pfe’
make[3]: *** [example01-example01.o] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
--- Failed to build dune-pdelab-howto ---
Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!

Any idea?
Thanks for your help.

Cheers,

Andrea