[dune-pdelab] Error with .hh file in building dune-pdelab-howto

Sacconi, Andrea a.sacconi11 at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Oct 21 12:55:51 CEST 2011

Hi all,

my name is Andrea, I'm a newbie with DUNE.
I was trying to build some modules, and for starting to practice and see some codes for PDEs (e.g., a simple, linear diffusion-reaction equation over a square) I decided to build dune-pdelab-howto.

I typed

./dune-common-2.1.0/bin/dunecontrol --only=dune-pdelab-howto all

At the end, this message appeared on my screen:

configure: WARNING: dune/pdelab/common/function.hh: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: dune/pdelab/common/function.hh:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: dune/pdelab/common/function.hh: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: dune/pdelab/common/function.hh:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: dune/pdelab/common/function.hh: proceeding with the compiler's result
checking for dune/pdelab/common/function.hh... no
configure: WARNING: /Users/andreasacconi/Università/PhD_ICL/Dune_download/dune-pdelab does not seem to contain a valid dune-pdelab (dune/pdelab/common/function.hh not found)
configure: dune-pdelab does not provide libs
configure: error: could not find required module dune-pdelab
--- Failed to build dune-pdelab-howto ---
Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!

Can you help me in solving this problem?
What can I do to fix it?
Many thanks,

Andrea