[dune-pdelab] Error with .hh file in building dune-pdelab-howto

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Fri Oct 21 13:03:25 CEST 2011

Hey Andrea,

apparently, you use Dune 2.1. A possible reason for the error is that
you did not checkout the 2.1 snapshot of PDELab via
svn checkout
https://svn.dune-project.org/svn/dune-pdelab/branches/2.1snapshot
dune-pdelab
but some other version.

This should become clear if you type
svn info
in your PDELab directory.

Kind regards
Bernd

On 10/21/2011 12:55 PM, Sacconi, Andrea wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> my name is Andrea, I'm a newbie with DUNE.
> I was trying to build some modules, and for starting to practice and
> see some codes for PDEs (e.g., a simple, linear diffusion-reaction
> equation over a square) I decided to build dune-pdelab-howto.
>
> I typed
>
> ./dune-common-2.1.0/bin/dunecontrol --only=dune-pdelab-howto all
>
> At the end, this message appeared on my screen:
>
> configure: WARNING: dune/pdelab/common/function.hh: present but cannot
> be compiled
> configure: WARNING: dune/pdelab/common/function.hh:     check for
> missing prerequisite headers?
> configure: WARNING: dune/pdelab/common/function.hh: see the Autoconf
> documentation
> configure: WARNING: dune/pdelab/common/function.hh:     section
> "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
> configure: WARNING: dune/pdelab/common/function.hh: proceeding with
> the compiler's result
> checking for dune/pdelab/common/function.hh... no
> configure: WARNING:
> /Users/andreasacconi/Università/PhD_ICL/Dune_download/dune-pdelab does
> not seem to contain a valid dune-pdelab
> (dune/pdelab/common/function.hh not found)
> configure: dune-pdelab does not provide libs
> configure: error: could not find required module dune-pdelab
> --- Failed to build dune-pdelab-howto ---
> Terminating dunecontrol due to previous errors!
>
> Can you help me in solving this problem?
> What can I do to fix it?
> Many thanks,
>
> Andrea

Bernd Flemisch                               phone: +49 711 685 69162
IWS, Universität Stuttgart                   fax:   +49 711 685 60430
Pfaffenwaldring 61                  email: bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart                  url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de