[dune-pdelab] periodic boundary conditions

Christian Engwer christian.engwer at uni-muenster.de
Mon Oct 31 14:38:29 CET 2011

Dear Oleh,

> I need to implement periodic boundary conditions for a transport problem.
> Google shows that there's no such functionality in DUNE at the moment.
> Perhaps someone can give me some pointers or suggestions on how
> to implement periodic b.c. in a straightforward way.

it depends on which BC you need.

Straight forward: You have a mesh like this:

o-x-x-x-o
| | | | |
o-x-x-x-o
| | | | |
o-x-x-x-o

where the 'o' nodes are associated with each other. This kind of mesh
is available with yaspgrid. It is implemented as a periodic mesh with
overlap on the left and right side.

If you need something more general it will get tricky and you should
explain in detail what you want to achieve.

Cheers