[dune-pdelab] Compilation error for Dune::PDELab::FunctionToGridFunctionAdapter

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Sep 28 14:55:26 CEST 2011

Am Tue, 27. Sep 2011, 17:30:16 +0100 schrieb Eike Mueller:
>                              Do I need to use a different base class
> or am I misreading the documentation (http://www.dune-project.org/doc-pdelab-2.1snapshot/doxygen/html/classDune_1_1PDELab_1_1FunctionToGridFunctionAdapter.html),
> which links to Function as defined in dune/common/function.hh?

Urgh, that was Doxygen's autolinking-feature gone wild.  Actually, your
function must conform to PDELab's FunctionInterface[1].  I should probably add
that the Traits member type should model PDELab's FunctionTraits[2], the usual
way is to simply say

  typedef Dune::PDELab::FunctionTraits<...> Traits;

instead of implementing the member yourself.

Bye,
Jö.

[1] http://www.dune-project.org/doc-pdelab-2.1snapshot/doxygen/html/classDune_1_1PDELab_1_1FunctionInterface.html

[2] http://www.dune-project.org/doc-pdelab-2.1snapshot/doxygen/html/structDune_1_1PDELab_1_1FunctionTraits.html

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

featured product: Debian GNU/Linux - http://www.debian.org