[dune-pdelab] PDELab has switched to Git

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Sun Dec 16 17:16:15 CET 2012

Dear PDELab users and developers,

we are happy to announce that PDELab has completed its switch to Git as its version control system!

There is a new central Git server for the Dune project at git.dune-project.org. We also installed an instance of the cgit
repository viewer, so you can browse the new repositories at

http://cgit.dune-project.org/repositories/

The per-repository overview page will also tell you the exact URL to use when cloning a repository. Alternatively,
you can find instructions on how to get started with Git and how to clone the PDELab repositories at

http://users.dune-project.org/projects/dune-pdelab/wiki/Git_introduction

As stated before, we will keep the SVN repository online for now, but that repository will not receive any more updates
from now on, so users working with the development version of PDELab (the master / trunk branch) are strongly encouraged
to switch as soon as possible in order to stay up to date with current bug fixes.

The temporary repositories on the user wiki announced some time ago are of course still there, but we have not yet updated
their configuration to mirror the new master repositories at git.dune-project.org. If you have already cloned the temporary repositories
and want to switch to the new ones, simply run the following command while inside the working tree of the module:

git remote origin set-url http://git.dune-project.org/repositories/dune-pdelab

For the Howto and the test module, replace the final URL component accordingly.

Happy coding,

Steffen

Steffen Müthing
Universität Stuttgart
Institut für Parallele und Verteilte Systeme
Universitätsstr. 38
70569 Stuttgart
Tel: +49 711 685 88429
Fax: +49 711 685 88340