[dune-pdelab] now available: parallel 2d higher order continuous FE

Bernd Flemisch bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Mon Jan 30 12:51:51 CET 2012

Dear DUNE-PDELab,

as you might have seen in the DUNE-News, UGGrid edge
communication is now partially available in 2d
("partially" = "on unrefined grids").

As a consequence, continuous FE of arbitrary order in 2d
can be used within PDELab in parallel now.

I prepared a test "pk_novlp" which is attached in form of
a patch against r500 of the pdelab-howto. It is
 nonoverlapingsinglephaseflow admitting higher order FE.
You can give dimension and order at the command line. This
and the reason that you currently have to use an
unpreconditioned solver, see the earlier discussion [1],
are responsible that I did an extra test.

I would feel honored if you decide to include the test in
the pdelab-howto.

Kind regards
Bernd

[1]
http://lists.dune-project.org/pipermail/dune-pdelab/2012-January/000285.html

Bernd Flemisch                     phone: +49 711 685
69162
IWS, Universitaet Stuttgart          fax: +49 711 685
67020
Pfaffenwaldring 61        email:
bernd at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
D-70569 Stuttgart        url: