[dune-pdelab] Fwd: Re: LocalFunctionSpace: problem with DOFs defined on Intersections

Christian Waluga christian.waluga at ma.tum.de
Tue Jun 5 12:35:04 CEST 2012

Hi Steffen,

On 06/05/2012 10:16 AM, Steffen Müthing wrote:
> Yes, that method wasn't doing the correct thing for intersection DOFs...
> I applied a fix in r2064. The only relevant test I could find (test-composed-iis-gfs)
> compiles, but crashes during ALUGrid creation on my machinem so I can't verify
> whether the LocalFunctionSpace is now working, as I don't even get that far...
> Could you please test whether the patch fixes the problem on your end?
Perfect, thanks! My code now computes the results which I expected.

The only thing that causes compile time errors is extracting
GridFunctionSubSpace from a composite space, because it seems not to
inherit the IntersectionIndexSet, which then triggers the error message
which you just added in localfunctionspace.hh. This is however just a
remark and not really a problem which I cannot work around for the moment.

Thanks again!