[dune-pdelab] LocalFunctionSpace: problem with DOFs defined on Intersections

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at ipvs.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Jun 5 10:16:01 CEST 2012

Hi Christian,

Am 04.06.2012 um 16:06 schrieb Christian Waluga:

> Hello,
>
> When I just updated an old code to compile with the current trunk
> version of PDELab, I figured out, that it is no longer possible to
> define DOFs on intersections as it is done in mimetic finite difference
> and hybrid finite element methods.
>
> The problem seems to be that in localfunctionspace.hh, the function
> multiIndices works now with reference elements, which crashes when
> trying to instatiate a reference element with codimension 666 (which
> seems to be the convention for intersections). At least that is what I
> could figure out from debugging.

Yes, that method wasn't doing the correct thing for intersection DOFs...
I applied a fix in r2064. The only relevant test I could find (test-composed-iis-gfs)
compiles, but crashes during ALUGrid creation on my machinem so I can't verify
whether the LocalFunctionSpace is now working, as I don't even get that far...
Could you please test whether the patch fixes the problem on your end?

Thanks,

Steffen