[dune-pdelab] Computing Maximum and Average solution with DG

Jared Okiro jared.okiro at st.ovgu.de
Sat May 19 18:58:06 CEST 2012

Dear PDELab Members,

I am using DG method to solve a reaction diffusion system in 2D.
When computing the maximum solution, the value printed is at variance
with the value
given by the subSamplingVTKWriter. The vtk files give the correct
results while the printed values are low and not correct. I have
attached a test case on how I am computing the maximum and average
solution using polynomial degree 1. In this test case, maximum solution
should be 10, but it prints 9.14.
I am inquiring if this is the correct way to compute maximum and average
of solution in DG method.
I will appreciate any advice.
Thank you.

Jared Ouma Okiro,