[dune-pdelab] GridFunction with dim < dimworld

Nicolas Schwenck nicolas.schwenck at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Sep 4 14:27:29 CEST 2012

Dear pdelab,

Using the standard implementation of
Dune::PDELab::AnalyticGridFunctionBase breaks for me for grids where
dim<dimworld. I am using the DUNE trunk. This seem to be because the
function evaluateGlobal requires a global position (dimworld vector) and
Dune::PDELab::AnalyticGridFunctionTraits<GV,RF,1>::DomainType gives a
dim-vector.

I am wondering what the correct behavior of DomainType is. Should it be
dim or dimworld?

Best,
Nicolas

Dipl.-Ing. Nicolas Schwenck

University of Stuttgart
Department of Hydromechanics and Modelling of Hydrosystems

Pfaffenwaldring 61                           phone: +49 711 685 64736
GER-70569 Stuttgart                          fax:   +49 711 685 60430

             email: nicolas.schwenck at iws.uni-stuttgart.de
                 url: www.hydrosys.uni-stuttgart.de