[dune-pdelab] GridFunction with dim < dimworld

Jö Fahlke jorrit at jorrit.de
Wed Sep 5 00:01:07 CEST 2012

Am Tue,  4. Sep 2012, 14:27:29 +0200 schrieb Nicolas Schwenck:
> Using the standard implementation of
> Dune::PDELab::AnalyticGridFunctionBase breaks for me for grids where
> dim<dimworld. I am using the DUNE trunk. This seem to be because the
> function evaluateGlobal requires a global position (dimworld vector)
> and Dune::PDELab::AnalyticGridFunctionTraits<GV,RF,1>::DomainType
> gives a dim-vector.
>
> I am wondering what the correct behavior of DomainType is. Should it
> be dim or dimworld?

Well, the GridFunction requires element-local coordinates for evaluation,
i.e. dim-vectors so I'd say AnalyticGridFunctionTraits is correct.  On the
other hand, evaluateGlobal() is meant to take global positions, so you can't
directly extract the vector type for its argument from
AnalyticGridFunctionTraits.

The way you describe it, everything appears as it should be.  May you can
elaborate a little, i.e. give us the code that you tried?

Regards,
Jö.

--
Jorrit (Jö) Fahlke, Interdisciplinary Center for Scientific Computing,
Heidelberg University, Im Neuenheimer Feld 368, D-69120 Heidelberg

Das Erststudium soll bis zum berufsqualifizierenden Abschluss
gebührenfrei bleiben, also bis zur Erlangung der Taxi-Lizenz.
-- Akrützel, Ausgabe vom 16.5.2002 (www.akruetzel.de)