[dune-pdelab] Status dune-pdelab(-howto)

Bård Skaflestad Bard.Skaflestad at sintef.no
Wed Sep 11 17:38:57 CEST 2013

On Wed, 2013-09-11 at 17:33 +0200, Andreas Buhr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 09/11/2013 05:27 PM, Bård Skaflestad wrote:
> > I notice in your log that (some of?) your build errors are related to
> > Eigen.  I've been getting the similar troubles and am using the patch
> > below in dune-pdelab to work around it.  Unfortunately, I have *no* idea
> > whether or not this is the correct fix.
>
> the Eigen backend in dune-pdelab is unfortunately broken at the moment.
> There were some major changes in the structure of the backends and Eigen
> is not adapted to the new structure yet.
>
> If it somehow works for you, you are lucky.

Sorry for being obtuse.  I wouldn't say that "works" is the appropriate
word.  With the patch I listed earlier, I am able to work around some
syntax errors in a few headers, but I can't really *use* the back-end.
The

        #ifdef USE_EIGEN
        #undef USE_EIGEN
        #endif

hack in "laplacedirichletccfv.cc" simply disables the back-end
completely.  Without it, the build of "laplacedirichletccfv_eigen"
breaks.

Best regards,

Bård