[dune-pdelab] Release... to branch or not to branch

Steffen Müthing steffen.muething at iwr.uni-heidelberg.de
Mon Apr 14 11:51:05 CEST 2014

Am 11.04.2014 um 16:20 schrieb Oliver Sander <sander at igpm.rwth-aachen.de>:

> Well of course we can't apply clean-up patches now that break 2.3 compatibility.
> But that doesn't mean that dune-pdelab master can be left in a state of incompatibility
> with the dune core master.
>
> Besides, what if I tested against 2.3 with a toolchain that really does not have
> rvalue references?  I would get the same bug.
>
> Cheers,
> Oliver
>
> Am 11.04.2014 16:13, schrieb Christoph Grüninger:
>> Hi Oliver,
>> nice quote :-)
>>
>> Source:
>> http://lists.dune-project.org/pipermail/dune-pdelab/2014-April/000640.html
>> http://lists.dune-project.org/pipermail/dune-pdelab/2014-April/000642.html

This is *really* not a good idea! I’m all for getting rid of the tests, but the correct way
going forward would be to simply always define the feature macros in dune-common!
Just removing the macros definitely breaks our deprecation rules...

Are there any reasons not to do have those macros in dune-common? Otherwise
I’ll prepare a patch (I’d probably tack it onto the C++11 compiler check).

Steffen