[dune-pdelab] Adaptivity in PDELab

Liesel Schumacher liesel.schumacher at uni-muenster.de
Thu Oct 30 15:46:19 CET 2014

Dear all,
I am currently trying to implement adaptive refinement in PDELab and
have some problems. Maybe you could answer me some questions,
unfortunately I did not find any documentation on adaptivity.

What I tried so far is using the information from the PDELab-howto and
the two functions mark_grid and adapt_grid, but I get segmentation
faults or abort signals.

So my questions are
1. How can I adapt more then two DOF Vectors? Calling adapt_grid
multiple times resulted in a segmentation fault.

2. How do I adapt DOF Vectors of two different GridFunctionSpaces?

3. How can/must I adapt GridFunctions, VectorGridFunctions and
VectorDiscreteGridFunctionGradients?

4. What else do I have to do after calling adapt_grid (i.e. apply
boundary conditions again by calling constraints and interpolate)?

Thanks in advance,
Liesel